The exciting times of Gene, Breanna, Joseph and Benjamin!
About Me
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Art Project
Today I got a brilliant idea for an art project to do with Joseph. He is pretty good with colors, but still gets them wrong sometimes, so I decided to do an art project that would help Joseph learn colors. I got out poster board, construction paper, and a glue stick, and some little safe scissors for little kids. I called Joseph over (with the idea in mind that he would be super excited and participate for a long time), and he looked at all the stuff. He was excited about the scissors since he has never used them before and we worked with those for a while. He didn't really understand but he liked it. We picked out red construction paper and I helped him cut it up. He got bored of that and so I told him to rip it up. Then, I put glue on each piece of red paper and tried to get him to glue it on to the poster board. He put on two pieces and was done. He left to go play in his room and I finished it. I was hoping to have him help me pick out a picture of a red firetruck that we could paste on there and then have him help me put it up in his room . I did all that by myself. He did like watching though when I put it in his room. I called him out to do the same thing with blue, but he is playing in his room having fun right now, so I am letting him play. It was fun. Hopefully we can do a few more colors and put them up in his room so we can talk about colors more. I love my little boy and love trying to come up with different ways to help teach him. They never go exactly as I thought they would in my mind, but we still have fun. I love him. I will post a picture of the finished product when we are done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Cute and creative idea. Toddlers definitely have a mind of their own sometimes! :)
I think it is wonderful that you so projects with Joe. Good job being flexible. Hanging those in his room will help him even if he doesn't make the posters himself.
What a wonderful idea. Paper and scissors are fun because they can make anything they imagine. Nothing is right or wrong. All fun. Does he stick out his tongue when cutting? It is a real sign of intelligence and creativity. Will you send out an email when you post the photos?
Post a Comment