Friday, June 26, 2009

Big update!

We have been extremely busy these past couple weeks. There is a lot to update.

1) We have bikes again.:) Gene's grandparents had two bikes that they have not used in like three years and they gave them to us. Now all we have to do is save up to buy a bike trailor so we can all go on bike rides together.

2) On Father's Day weekend, we went up to Gene's grandparents cabin in Lowman. We had a great time. Gene's Aunt and Uncle were in town from Arizona and it was fun visiting with them. Joseph loved the cabin, loved being the center of attention, and loved being outside. Gene's sister Ashlee also came into town with her new baby Audrey! She is almost two months now and is such a cutie. We slept in a tent when we were up there and Joseph just did okay. We slept in the garage because it was raining outside and there was a truck in there that Joseph just loved watching. I had set up his bed inside the tent away from the door, but he kept climbing over me to see the truck. I would think he was falling asleep and all of a sudden he would point at the truck and go "vroom". He loves cars so much. We had a great weekend.

3) Joseph is getting really big. He is understanding so much! It is unbelievable. I took him to the park a few times this week and he loves the swing. He goes straight to it and pretty much stays in it the whole time we are there. Well, I was pushing him in the swing and all of a sudden he puts his arms out like he is flying and going, "shhhhow". (I am not sure how to write out the sound he was making) He is so much fun. At the cabin, Gene's grandpa gave Joseph a car. Joseph came over to show it to me and told him to go show it to Grandpa and say thank you. We were in the kitchen and he walked over to the right Grandpa and gave it to him. I was amazed. I could go on and on with more stories, he does new things and understands more and more everyday. This is such a fun age.

4) Joseph has so many teeth. He is getting them all at once too. A couple of weeks ago he got in the rest (2) of his first year molars and one of his canine teeth. Well, now he is getting his two top canine teeth. Once those are in he will have fifteen teeth. I am so excited about that. This teething stuff is hard on all of us, but it is almost done. Only five more teeth left. What a big boy!

I am so glad that I am home with him so much and am not stressed out all the time because of school. I am really enjoying my son. Life is so good.

1 comment:

Grant and Christine said...

Sounds like fun! I love that age, they do change so quickly!