Saturday, November 5, 2011

Boo at the Zoo!

This year we decided to go to Boo at the Zoo. This is where you let your kids dress up and go trick or treating at the zoo. It was insanely busy and the lines to the candy were huge. We still had a lot of fun.

Here is Joseph (Spinosaurus dinosaur) with his cousins Nathan (Optimus Prime) and Madeleine (Rapunzel). They are so cute and have such a blast playing together. A funny side-note. I asked Joseph a few weeks ago if his daddy was his hero and he said no. So I asked who his hero was and he said Nate. Joseph loves that boy.


My very fierce Spinosaurus on the Carousel. Just look at those teeth.
When Joseph told me he wanted to be a Spinosaurus for Halloween I really wondered how we were going to do that. Not many people even know what that is. I could find dinosaur costumes but they weren't a Spinosaurus. Gene and I decided to make the costume and Joseph helped. We had a lot of fun.




Here you can see Rapunzel, a Spinosaurus, and Optimus Prime. There is nothing better than that.

Ben was a tiger. We couldn't find the chicken costume Joseph wore when he was that age. But this was still adorable and definitely warm!




We had such a great time! Halloween is so much more fun with little kids.


6 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm so glad you started posting on your blog again. It looks like you guys had lots of fun for Halloween. It's crazy, but we were at Boo at the Zoo the same day as you in SLC, at Hogle Zoo. Too bad we didn't bump into you there! :)

Nicole said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Miss you guys tons!

TravelMama said...

Nate's his hero?! Awwww. Puts a little pressure on us ;) jk.

Russell Family said...

Krystal! I miss you guys. That would have been awesome if we had run into eachother. I just looked at your blog and the pictures are so cute. Next time we are in Boise we have to catch up.

Russell Family said...

Nicole - we miss you guys too

Russell Family said...

Julie! True story. He absolutely adores Nate. You guys are doing a great job;)