I love my job. I am very grateful that I have a job that is fulfilling and that I enjoy so much. I love teaching piano lessons and learning how to be a better teacher everyday. It's so amazing to start a student that can't play anything and then watch as they learn this skill. I taught them that. I helped them create that. I have given to them, what has brought so much joy in my life. I love interacting with my students both young and old.
I have taught at many music studios and I love the program at Art City. I am learning so much. The students choose between either 30 min or 45 min lessons. They can participate in recitals every 6-8 weeks. We have a theory lab where they work on ear training and other assignments. This past weekend we had our Sonatina Festival. My students prepared a sonata, sonatina, or concerto to play for a judge. There were judges for the elementary division (6-11), junior division (12-14) and senior division (15-18). The judge chooses 10 students in each division to come and play for a recital. I had one elementary and four junior students get call backs. Then, at the recital they choose 3 winners with distinctions and one of my junior students got chosen. It was a great day. I was so proud of them.
I have a lot of great students. A student I started teaching in August told her grandmother when asked how she like piano, "I love piano, It is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my whole life." She is 7. She is a very hard working student and loves to go way above my expectations. She is so fun. I have been teaching her older sister since March. She has kind of struggled with learning piano. It has not come easy. Lately we have had a break through with her practicing and actually remembering the notes and learning songs quickly. She was one of the students that got a call back in the recital. It is so great. I just got a new student who is absolutely inspiring. He is like 8 years old. He had a stroke before he was even born and it's a miracle he is here. Because of the stroke the whole right side of his body is sort of paralyzed. He can move that side, but his right leg drags etc. This little boy is determined to learn piano lessons. I have never seen anyone work so hard at anything. He has to hold his right hand differently in order to do it. He was my elementary level student that got called back to play in the recital. It is truly inspiring to watch him work and to teach him. He is amazing.
I have so many great students and stories I could share, but it is getting late and I have to get up early tomorrow. Have a great night.

No comments:
Post a Comment