Friday, June 25, 2010

Joseph and Zouzou

Joseph is a very happy boy and he is happiest when he has little friends to play with. We just moved to West Jordan, Utah and left behind a few of Joseph's best friends. The next few posts I write are going to be about his friends and our favorite memories with them.

This is Zubayr. His nickname is Zouzou and that is what Joseph calls him. These guys are best buds. Every morning Joseph would wake up and ask to play with Zouzou. Luckily he lived right next door so we could let them play often. I had as much fun with Marisa (Zouzou's mommy) as Joseph had with Zouzou. They are some of our best friends.



These two played just about everyday. Zouzou went to Morocco with his parents to visit his Grandparents and was gone for 3 weeks. Joseph was so sad. He would walk up the stairs to Zouzou's house and knock on the door. He finally understood that Zouzou was gone. I told Joe that he got on a plane. After that, whenever he talked about Zouzou he would make the sound of an airplane. The pictures below were taken the day Zouzou and his mommy returned from Morocco. Nabil (Zouzou's dad) stayed a little longer. Since they had a long trip, we invited them over for dinner. Zouzou showed up in these cute green and brown striped pj's and we had them too. I couldn't help but go and change Joseph into his. After this, Joseph wanted to wear his Zouzou pj's everyday for a while. Joseph was so glad that Zouzou was home. He gave him lots of hugs.


So cute. You can see how happy they are around eachother.
Just playing, doing what they do best. They also loved to imitate eachother.



One of Joseph and I's favorite games is to put eachother and his stuffed animals to bed for pretend. We were babysitting Zouzou and Joseph wanted to play the game. Joe would say light off and I would put blankets on them and give them stuffed animals. They closed their eyes and pretended to snore until I would turn on the light and say "Wake Up!!!" They got a kick out of that and we did that a lot.


The day Gene was packing up the U-haul, we decided that we needed to let these two play before we moved. We went to the Boise Zoo. I love that Zoo. It is very small compared to other Zoos but I have a lot of great memories there with Joseph. I never rented a cart from the Zoo, but we split the cost and let the kids ride together. They loved it. I didn't get a great picture, but they were so happy and laughed quite a bit.





It looks like Joseph is trying to take out the penguin. That one is loose and Joseph loves to rock it back and forth. Zouzou is definitely interested and tried it himself.




They opened a new exhibit a few weeks before we left. The animal below is a Wallaby. You get to go inside their cage, but can't go off the path. Well, this Wallaby came on our path. He was so friendly and came up really close to us. This was pretty amazing and the kids loved seeing it up close.








Joseph's absolute favorite part of the Zoo is this jeep. He always has to sit in it and drive whenever he sees it and he never wants to get out. I always have to create a diversion or get him interested in something else to see, but it was tricky. Joseph liked it even more with Zouzou.






We asked someone to take our picture.





These guys are some of our closest friends in Boise and we will miss not hanging out with them all the time. Luckily, we will be able to keep in touch and see them whenever we go to visit family in Boise. Our boys have so much fun together and Joseph still asks to play with Zouzou. They will still have lots of times to play together.


























No comments: