Today I had the opportunity to go and do some dry-packing at the cannery. Gene and I don't have a lot of food storage done so I decided to buy some things. This got me really excited about building up our food storage. I even made a budget and hopefully will be able to go and serve at the cannery every other month that I can buy more stuff. I also found out that you can check out a wheat grinder for free. That is exciting because I want to get wheat but didn't because what would I use it for before it is grinded. Next time I am going to buy some wheat though and then teach myself how to make wheat bread. How fun!!!
Food storage is really important and like I said we have very little. My first goal is to finish up all of our 72-hour kits and then next to obtain a 3-month supply, and so on. I am excited and already feel more relieved that if something did happen we would be okay for at least a few days and hopefully longer soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment