Saturday, March 15, 2008

Then the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Let my Joseph go!





Sorry for the lag in updates, it has been a busy couple days. Thursday morning we got to the hospital to find our poor boy under a blue light and laying in a plastic box. It was a sad and a little disheartening. Would he ever get out of the hospital? Joseph was under what is called a Bili-light to treat him for jaundice. Thursday was emotional and we were tired. We were sad for our little boy. But the day was not all bad, I got a call from my boss telling me that I got a raise at work. Friday was ok too. And we did get lots of fun pictures of Joseph and his cool blue light eye shades!
Above is another fun picture of our little astronaut, Joseph getting a hearing test.

So Friday afternoon the nurse came and offered Breanna and I the chance to stay in a little hotel like room with Joseph. We said yes and went home to pack our bag. In the room we are Joseph's primary care givers and the nurses will only come and help us if we call them. It's just like being at home, except that Joseph is still hooked to a bunch of monitors. So we started our first night with Joseph. I have always heard that babies wake up a lot in the night but for some reason I thought he would only wake up 2 or 3 times to feed during the night. He woke up 6 times and by morning Breanna and I were exhausted! But we were also so happy to be with our little boy. Our first night with Joseph was a success. He ate well, slept sound, breathed great, and didn't throw up once! Earlier this afternoon we talked to the doctor who said that Joseph is doing great and that they want him to stay at the hospital tonight to make sure his jaundice stays gone and as long as he breaths well again tonight we can take him home tomorrow! We are so excited to have him come home with us! We love him so much!

No comments: